One of the features that most people would like to have is a strong and healthy hair. This is because it enables them to look younger. Not only this, it allows them to style it in different ways. It can be colored, straightened, or curled without fear of getting damaged. However, not all people are blessed with this kind of asset. Also, some tend to abuse their hair whenever it undergoes different styling processes. There are different ways to know if your hair is in its best condition.
How to Check If You Have Strong and Healthy Hair
Take a long look at your hair in front of the mirror.
• You may notice that the tips of your hair have spots of lighter color. As you look closely, you will find that you have split ends. These and shorter hairs near the area of your crown are signs of hair breakage due to either over styling or poor hair care.
Drop a strand of hair into a container with water.
• If this floats, then, you have a healthy hair. Porous hair, which is dry and damaged, will easily absorb water and sink.
Feel your hair by running your fingers through it.
• Healthy hair feels soft and smooth. On the other hand, unhealthy hair is rough and brittle.
Observe the amount of hair that is lost when you take a shower.
• It is normal to lose 200 strands a day whenever you shampoo your hair. However, when there is a significant increase in volume of hair loss, this means that your hair is not healthy and you may need to consider multi therapeutic hair transplant.
Notice the changes in your hair.
• When hair that used to be soft and shiny suddenly turns rough and frizzy, then this is an indication that your hair is damaged.
• If you have dry and damaged hair despite the fact that you don’t regularly go to the parlor to have it styled, colored or chemically treated, then you may have an underlying health condition, which should be seen by a doctor.
Some Tips to Consider When Caring For Hair
It is important to have regular haircuts to keep it looking healthy.
• Normally, new hair grows up to half an inch per month. To keep it in best shape, it is advisable to have it trimmed every six to eight weeks. However, if you regularly go to the parlor to color, perm, straighten or highlight your hair, you need to have a trim more often.
It is best to use a wide tooth comb when drying hair.
• Hair is at its weakest when it is wet so it important to comb it gently through the tangles and not to be rough. Otherwise, the strands may easily break.
Hair should be dried naturally.
• A dryer should be avoided when drying hair since its heat can cause damage.
Hair should be conditioned regularly.
• After shampooing, it is best to apply a conditioner, preferably from Lion Locs, to soften hair. Hair treatment, when applied weekly or every two weeks, can further improve the condition of hair.
Hair is considered an asset when it is strong and healthy. There are ways of determining if it is in the best condition. However, if people find that their hair is dry and damaged, they should take the extra precautions when styling their hair. Moreover, they should have regular trims and use the necessary womens hair shampoo and conditioner and hair treatment. This way, they can still improve the look of their hair and keep it in tip-top shape.
Sarah is a hairdresser by trade and has been for the past 10 years. She loves cutting hair and making her clients feel good about herself, by writing these blogs she hopes that it may help give some people confidence with her beauty tips and tricks.