Each car accident differs and so needs to be thoroughly investigated. This ensures that the victim or the plaintiff receives a complete compensation from the person at fault. You have been reading and listening on the ads that in case you get injured in a car crash, then without delay visit JD Injury Law, APC`s official website and hire your personal injury lawyer. However, you are not aware of what situations, you need to get in touch with a lawyer and in what timeline must you file a lawsuit.
Clear-cut claims that don’t need a personal injury lawyers help
- Clarity of liability – If the other person acknowledges his/her fault.
- Injuries are minor and medical bills or other expenses are low.
- No extenuating situations that need investigation like previous injuries in some parts of the body or uncertainties about coverage or complicated accident scenario or statute of limitations related queries.
If you have been in a car crash due to other driver’s negligence and got injured, then you have a right to file a lawsuit. Car accident lawyers from El Dabe Ritter Law Firm have extensive experience in auto crash litigation around Los Angeles. They represent you in the civil court and help you receive proper compensation.
Situations when it is wise to seek advice from an auto accident lawyer
- There is no clarity about liability or is shared among other parties.
- You don’t know how to calculate your claim.
- You are asked to provide your past medical records [before the crash].
- Adjuster offered a structured payment settlement instead of a lump sum.
- The adjuster made an offer but you are not satisfied as you feel the claim needs to be more.
- You are not a good negotiator or are not confident to discuss settlement.
- Some claims like loss of income are hard to prove as you are a salesperson, business owner or a consultant.
In general, lawyers offer a free consultation. In this way, you can clear your doubts without any need to hire them. In severe accidents, you can benefit from the experience of the auto accident attorney.
The adjusters and insurers will certainly try to mislead victims not represented by experienced lawyers. According to stephenbabcock.com, the insurers don’t work in your interest, so it is wise to have a lawyer representing you during negotiations and settlements, especially in severe accident cases.
Must-conditions to hire a car accident attorney
- Serious injuries with huge medical expenses without/with residual disability.
- Moderate injuries with a residual disability that incurs future medical costs.
- Liability is disputed. You feel you are partially or not responsible for the crash.
- Injured one is a minor having more than small injuries.
- The accident was complex and need professional investigation.
- You are not aware of your state’s statute of limitations and it is nearly a year, you are not anywhere near settling the claim.
- The other party involved in the crash served you a lawsuit.
In case, your case is not clear to consult a lawyer before you speak to an adjuster. You will be saved from not making statements that can damage your claims. Moreover, you will be charged a contingency fee. It means the firm gets its fees only when they help you recover the money. It is a win-win situation for both!