If you have just moved into a new apartment you know that you have a long list of things that you need to get done before you can truly feel at home. With the move, packing and everything else that goes into finding a new apartment or house, things can be lost in the shuffle. Keep these simple tips in mind when you are moving.
- Change your address: This is important and should be done immediately when you move in. Be sure to keep a written list of all of the address changes you need. Bank accounts, credit cards, driver’s license and all of your personal contacts need to be informed of you change in address. You will also need to inform your employer of your address change so they can update their records.
- Update your services: If you have any monthly services that you pay for then you will need to update them of your new address. If you live in a home and have a landscaping service be sure to let them know of you move. Same goes for a grocery delivery service like Peapod. If you plan on keeping these services see if they can change your address with interrupting your scheduled service. Be sure to keep in mind that there maybe a service charge.
- Line up your moving: This one should go without saying, but if you are going to be moving be sure to have your moving supplies and transportation set up well in advance. If you are hiring a moving company, be sure to call and confirm your reservation a few days before you move. Have all of your boxes packed and ready to go. The worst thing that you can do is have unnecessary delays while trying to get out of your old place. The faster you are out of your old place, the quicker you can get started setting up your new home.
Moving can be a stressful time for everyone. Take the steps to make your move easy before the big day. With a little forethought and planning, your move won’t be a hassle at all.
Incoming search terms:
- what people need when moving into new apartment
- all things you need to have when moving