Are you among the people who consider SEO a waste of money, time, and other resources? Are you struggling to understand what the heck search engine optimization is and why most startups and established company take it so seriously? Well, if your answer is ‘yes,’ you are in the same boat with many other business owners, marketing professionals, and entrepreneurs.
One of the most important aspects of SEO is making your site easy for both search engine crawlers and users to navigate and understand whatever is published. While search engines such as Google have become more sophisticated and have been rolling out essential updates, they still can’t understand different web pages the way humans do. This is where SEO comes in: it helps these search engines figure out what each page is all about and how it’s helpful to the web users.
Here are the reasons you should learn SEO.
It’s important to your business
In today’s competitive business environment, SEO and the entire online marketing concept is more important than ever. Different serve millions of web users in search for solutions to their problems and straightforward answers to their questions. Here is why SEO is still important for your business.
- Most web users are more likely to check one of the top five website suggestions in the SERPs. SEO offers you the chance to take advantage of this consumer behavior and gain more visitors to your site and probably get a higher rank in the SERPs.
- A great SEO strategy enhances the user experience and usability of your website.
- Most internet users trust search engines. If your website features in the top positions for the specific search phrases your audience is searching, your audience will trust our brand more.
- SEO plays a significant role in the social promotion of your business. If your audience finds your company via search engines such as Yahoo and Google, there are better chances that they will share our business information via social media channels such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- SEO puts your business ahead of the competition. If two sites are offering the same products and services, the website that has been optimized for search engines is likely to make more sales.
An effective SEO strategy saves you money
Most business people view SEO as a ‘money pit,’ and that isn’t true.
Of course, you need to put in a lot of efforts, money, and time upfront. But this is necessary if you intend to build a solid foundation and that doesn’t make SEO a money pit. Keep in mind that an effective SEO strategy requires you to design an SEO-friendly site and feeding it industry-leading content.
Once you have an effective SEO strategy in place and our efforts start paying off, you will know that SEO cuts down the costs associated with product promotion and advertising. For instance, you can reach a wider audience with a few clicks, and you don’t need to overspend.